Tom yum soup is a typical and well known hot and sour soup from Thailand. In this version you’ll find added noodles to make it more hearty and delicious. Tom Yum soup typically contains shrimp, and has a strong aromatic flavour made from abundant spices, herbs, lemongrass, peppers, fish sauce, lime juice and more.
Tom Yum and Noodle Soup INGREDIENTS
5 cups of water
3 lemongrass branches crushed and cut into sections
3 crushed and chopped bird peppers
3 lime leaves torn into pieces
5 Tbs Thai pepper paste
1 Tbs evaporated milk
20 peeled and deveined shrimp
8 halved cherry tomatoes
1 can volvary mushrooms, drained and halved or a handful of button mushrooms, halved
8 Thai mini eggplant
1 Tbs fish sauce
1 Tbs sugar or to taste
2 Tbs lime juice or to taste
4 cups fresh cooked and drained noodles in cold water
4 branches chopped cilantro
Tom Yum and Noodle Soup PREPARATION
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add water.
- Add each ingredient to the water, making sure to let them cook one by one so that the aromas mix.
- After the evaporated milk, increase the heat and add the shrimp, tomatoes, mushrooms and mini-eggplant.
- Lower the heat and adjust the seasoning with the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar.
- Put the noodles in 4 bowls.
- Increase the heat and pour the broth into each bowl, making sure to include a little of everything.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and taste immediately.
On our Kim Phat recipes corner you can find many fast, tasty and delicious Asian Noodle Soup recipes we know you’ll love.
Remember that all the Asian food products to make this recipe and much more are available at Kim Phat supermarkets, and at a great price too. Come see us!